KOA Corporation is seeking a highly motivated Senior Engineer to join our team in the San Diego, CA office. Candidates would be responsible for managing projects and support staff workload and performance, with full technical responsibility for project deliverables.
- Application of diversified knowledge of transportation engineering and design principles
- Provide roadway and intersection design guidance with responsibility for all aspects of project and client management, project development, and mentoring and guiding support level staff
- Orchestrate project teams of various sizes and skills and manage staff and subconsultants
- Be responsible for quality assurance and quality control through the development and review of construction plans, specifications and cost estimates
- Interface with clients and create new business opportunities for the office
- Represent clients and the firm at project meetings, community events, and/or public hearings
- Check construction plans, design calculations, or cost estimates to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices
- Analyze complex problems. develop and evaluate options and create solutions
- Prepare proposals and participate in proposal interviews
- Participate in business development activities with clients
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and a strong knowledge of civil/traffic engineering concepts
- Registration as a PE with California Civil Engineer license
- Minimum of 8 years of experience managing projects and staff
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in CADD applications such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Bluebeam Software
- Working knowledge of relevant design standards and guidelines such as Caltrans Standard Plans & Specifications, APWA Greenbook, Caltrans Highway Design Manual, California MUTCD, and become familiar with City Municipal Design standards.
KOA is an equal opportunity employer and offers career advancement opportunities, a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment, and competitive benefits and salary package.
No emails, phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.