KOA Corporation is seeking a highly motivated Senior Engineer to join our team in Orange, CA. Candidates would be responsible for managing projects and junior staff workload and performance, with full technical responsibility for project deliverables.
- Application of diversified knowledge of transportation engineering and design principles across a broad range of projects
- Provide roadway and intersection design guidance and support with responsibility for all aspects of project and client management, project development, business development and mentoring and guiding junior level staff
- Orchestrate project teams of various sizes and skills and manage staff and subconsultants across multiple offices and locations
- Be responsible for quality assurance and quality control through the development and review of construction plans, specifications and estimates
- Interface with clients and look for and create opportunities to take on additional responsibility as you manage your own career path
- Represent clients and the firm at project meetings, open houses and/or public hearings
- Check construction plans, design calculations, or cost estimates to ensure completeness, accuracy, or conformity to engineering standards or practices
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Evaluate designs or specifications to ensure quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- California PE license
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience managing projects and staff
- Prepare proposals and participate in proposal interviews
- Participate in business development activities with clients
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong knowledge of civil and traffic engineering concepts
- Proficiency in CADD applications such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Bluebeam Software
- Working knowledge of relevant design standards and guidelines such as Caltrans Standard Plans & Specifications, APWA Greenbook, Caltrans Highway Design Manual, and California MUTCD
KOA is an equal opportunity employer and offers career advancement opportunities, a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment, and competitive benefits and salary package.
No emails, phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.