Our Los Angeles office in Monterey Park is seeking a full-time Associate Planner to work with our team of transportation/traffic planners and engineers. The position requires a person with strong analytical, writing, communications, and organizational skills to assist in the preparation of transportation planning studies. This includes the preparation of Traffic Analyses, Parking Studies, Multi-Modal Studies, Transportation Master Plans, Environmental Studies, VMT Analysis, TDM Strategies, Active Transportation Plans, Neighborhood Traffic Management Plans, and Complete Streets Plans/Projects.
- Transportation planning/engineering related research
- Conduct field studies (site visits, inventories, transit, traffic, and parking counts)
- Conduct transportation planning/engineering related analyses
- Prepare maps and graphics for community meetings and workshops under the supervision of our senior transportation planning staff
- Assist in the preparation of technical memos and reports to communicate technical results and recommendations
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in urban planning, engineering, urban geography, or related field
- One to three years of experience in conducting various technical analyses required for transportation studies is desirable
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, ArcGIS mapping software, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Experience with Synchro and Vistro, Vissim, and other modeling software packages is desirable
KOA is an equal opportunity employer and offers career advancement opportunities, a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment, and competitive benefits and salary package.
No emails, phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.