KOA completed Project Management services for the new Cultural Theater at 1323 Gundry Ave. in the City of Long Beach. The project scope involved the following:
• The construction of a new 3057 SF one story (26ft high) Community Theater Facility comprised of a black box theater that will feature experimental performance with a traditional stage and no fixed seating.
• The building includes an art gallery, entrance foyer area, storage rooms, restrooms, dressing rooms, theater and backstage areas.
• The construction required the relocation of an existing trailer offsite and the relocation of existing trash area to another location in the park.
• The demolition of existing hardscape and the installation of new landscaping around the new building.
• Upgrade of the adjacent parking lot
• The building is a combination of steel and timber framed structure with exterior stucco and hard plank siding façade finishes.