Our Orange office is seeking a full-time Senior Associate Engineer to assist senior staff with highway and traffic engineering projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, geometric design, signing and striping, traffic signal design, signing and striping design, worksite traffic control plan preparation, street and highway design, conducting field reviews, preparation of specifications and cost estimates, and completion of final documents for traffic and transportation engineering projects.
- Leading the design tasks of various traffic engineering projects that may involve street improvements, traffic signals, roadway lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, ITS, and fiber optic communications
- Preparing design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) for traffic signals, roadway lighting/signing/striping, temporary traffic control and ITS elements
- Mentoring junior staff in their professional growth and enhancing their skills
- Leading and performing on a variety of projects in traffic operations and multi-modal transportation engineering
- Operational analysis of arterial networks, corridor signal synchronization/timing, and freeway corridors using simulation packages
- Proficiency in CADD applications
- Bachelor Degree in Civil engineering
- California PE license (Civil and/or Traffic) required with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- The position requires a person with a strong knowledge of traffic and civil engineering concepts and proficiency in CADD applications such as AutoCAD, AutoDesk Civil 3D, MicroStation, Inroads, and Bluebeam Software
- Due to the nature of this job, travel to other offices will be required from time to time as well as overtime assignments during evenings and/or weekends
KOA is an equal opportunity employer and offers advancement opportunities, and a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment.
Send your resume to email@example.com with Senior Associate Engineer-OC in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.