Our office located in Monterey Park is seeking a full-time Senior Associate Engineer to assist senior staff with highway and traffic engineering projects. Our Senior Associate Engineers provide in-depth project involvement in transportation engineering work including leading technical aspects of projects.
- Leading the design tasks of various traffic engineering projects that may involve street improvements, traffic signals, roadway lighting, signing, striping, temporary traffic control, ITS, and fiber optic communications
- Preparing design plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) for traffic signals, roadway lighting/signing/striping, temporary traffic control and ITS elements
- Mentoring junior staff in their professional growth and enhancing their skills
- Leading and performing on a variety of projects in traffic operations and multi-modal transportation engineering
- Operational analysis of arterial networks, corridor signal synchronization/timing, and freeway corridors using simulation packages
- Proficiency in CADD applications
- Bachelor Degree in Civil engineering
- California PE license (Civil and/or Traffic) required with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- The position requires a person with a strong knowledge of traffic and civil engineering concepts and proficiency in CADD applications such as AutoCAD, AutoDesk Civil 3D, MicroStation, Inroads, and Bluebeam Software
- Due to the nature of this job, travel to other offices will be required from time to time as well as overtime assignments during evenings and/or weekends
KOA is an equal opportunity employer and offers advancement opportunities, and a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Senior Associate Engineer – LAO in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.