KOA Corporation is seeking an accomplished, dedicated professional with demonstrated success in helping to grow our business. The Business Development Manager is responsible for business development, strategic planning, and analysis, identifying new opportunities, researching leads, establishing relationships with potential clients, and maintaining those relationships and arranging client meetings for KOA Directors and Managers.
The candidate should be flexible and adaptable with good written and verbal communication, multi-tasking/prioritization, excellent customer service skills, and a proven track-record of increasing sales within business development roles in the past.
- Collaborate with CEO and Senior team members to develop short-term and long-term business development/sales strategies and client management, and ensure follow up with clients and internal staff
- Contribute to firm’s growth by developing and maintaining client relationships, identifying potential new business, and effectively communicating KOA’s services
- Develop and expand business while maintaining existing relationships with current clients
- Manage calls/leads/opportunities and pipeline in the CRM, logging all activity
- Help facilitate and prepare interview PowerPoint presentations, when shortlisted from a proposal submission
- Facilitate business meetings for KOA Directors and Managers with clients
- Coordinate information and document flow for clients and internal staff
- Attend functions and events with key stakeholders understanding client’s needs
- Create innovative ways of educating clients and prospects on current industry standards or updates
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- A minimum of 3-5 years of sales, marketing, business development, client relationship management or other highly related experience in the A/E/C industry
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Strong transportation industry experience and awareness
- Track record of increasing sales within business development roles
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications and CRM
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to be motivated by targets
- Resilience and persistence in follow-up and opening doors
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Ability to think and act strategically; to look at issues affecting the team from a larger, long-term perspective rather than just day-to-day task execution
- Demonstrates a disciplined process for pursuing and winning proposals/projects
- Demonstrates flexibility when approaching complex situations and often uses creative methods/solutions to avoid conflicts and/or negative outcomes
- Outstanding project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment
- Desire to improve processes, take initiative, and solve problems
KOA is an equal opportunity employer and offers advancement opportunities, and a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Business Development Manager in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.