Our Monterey Park Corporate Office is seeking a full-time Associate Planner to work with a team of transportation/traffic engineers, planners. The position requires a person with strong analytical, writing, communications, and organizational skills to assist in the preparation of transportation planning studies including Traffic Impact Analysis, Multi-Modal Studies, Transportation Master Plans, Environmental Studies, VMT Analysis, TDM Strategies, Active Transportation Plans, NTMP, Complete Streets, and Parking Studies.
- Transportation related research
- Conduct field studies (site visits, inventories, transit, traffic, and parking counts)
- Prepare maps and graphics for community meetings and workshops under the supervision of our senior transportation planning staff
- Assist in the preparation of technical memos and reports to communicate technical results and recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree or currently working towards a four-year degree in urban planning, engineering, urban geography or related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, ArcGIS mapping software, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Experience with Synchro and Vistro, Vissim, and other modeling software packages are a plus
- One to three years of experience in technical analysis is desirable
KOA is an equal opportunity employer. Our full-time position offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment.
Send your resume to email@example.com with Associate Planner – LA in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.