Our Monterey Park Corporate office is seeking a full-time Senior Associate Planner to work with a team of transportation/traffic engineers, planners. A Senior Associate Transportation Planner has in-depth project involvement in transportation planning work including leading technical aspects of projects.
- Conduct complex analyses required for technical reports using specialized software, such as for calculating roadway/intersection levels of service or travel demand modeling;
- Coordinate field work and data collection;
- Coordinate with clients and agencies to obtain materials as needed and prepares draft sections of reports or presentations;
- Prepare studies for proposed transportation projects; gather, compile, and analyze data; study the use and operation of transportation systems;
- Develop transportation models or simulations;
- Design transportation surveys to identify areas of public concern;
- Interpret data from traffic modeling software, geographic information systems, or associated databases;
- Recommend transportation system improvements or projects, based on economic, population, land-use, or traffic projections;
- Due to the nature of this job, travel to other offices will be required from time to time as will overtime assignments during evenings and/or weekends.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a Planning, Transportation Engineering, or related field
- AICP or PE License
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, ArcGIS mapping software, and Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Experience with Synchro and Vistro, Vissim, and other modeling software packages are a plus
- Three to five years of experience in technical analysis is desirable
KOA is an equal opportunity employer. Our full-time position offers competitive salaries, great benefits, and a welcoming, team-oriented, and supportive environment.
Send your resume to email@example.com with Senior Associate Planner – LA in the subject line. No phone calls or faxes will be entertained or accepted with respect to this advertisement.